Sunday, 13 December 2009
1. Used as many embedded video clips, stills, photographs, links as possible
2. Commented on each other's posts
3. Uploaded a jpg of your digipak and ad layouts
4. Uploaded a jpg sample of call sheet, risk assessment and calendar to show organisation
5. broken up long text posts with subheadings, key words highlighted
6. changed settings so all posts are viewed on one page
7. organised menu with your initials at beginning of all posts
8. recorded shoots/editing process on blog
9. Uploaded final print texts to blog
10. Included a post with evidence of original images for print (perhaps include in Q4?)
11. sort out design of blog - get rid of silly banners, amend title image with still image, rethink design (check font colours and bold if you change). BRAND your blog
Sunday, 8 November 2009
Sunday, 1 November 2009
1. Don't post a link to youtube - always embed the clip in your blog. This is for your animatic, video analysis, auteur videos... anything that you are referring to
2. Keep titles of posts to one line in menu and ALWAYS start with your initials so we can easily see who has done what
3. Check punctuation / paragraphs
4. Where possible highlight key terminology, use bullet points, images - make it easy to read.
5. Audience research? This should have it's own post, with detail on methodology and results evaluation
6. Digipak designs - post entries documenting your ideas and with scan/image of your layouts (1 EACH)
7. Have you done some filming already? You will need to post an entry evaluating the shoot, what worked, what you changed, any technical issues, ideas, inspirations, issues with weather, general public etc. You will need this info for your evaluation AND exam. Include screenshot of risk assessment / call sheets to show organisation.
Saturday, 24 October 2009
Tuesday, 20 October 2009
Over half term, you should complete the following (all students to complete ALL tasks individually) and post up on blog by first lesson back:
1 x mock up layout done by hand or electronically of advert and digipak (this should be a paper construction to scale to show form as well as design).
The idea is that you bring this mock-up to the lesson so that you can discuss your final plans with your group. You should look at examples while you are designing.
Digipak for your track
This should be minimum 4 sides (front, back, inside covers including image under CD holder). You could however choose a more innovative layout that has more sides. This is up to you.
This should also be drawn to scale. Decide an appropriate magazine that your advert would run in, like NME, and what style of advert you will design (full page, half page) and why.
Wednesday, 14 October 2009
Tuesday, 29 September 2009
- 1. play extract of the track to the group - what is your BRIEF
- 2. initial response (images from moodboard?)
- 3. What did you learn from your product analysis?
- 4. What did you learn from your technical analyis?
- 5. How did your audience research inform your concept development?
- 6. What is your proposed idea? Style, type, narrative
- 7. the visuals - ideas on costume, location, types of shot
- 8. What will be your biggest challenge? How will you overcome it?
- 9. How will this video promote the band?
- 10. How will your coverart on digipak and in advertisement further reinforce this band/artist image (initial ideas at this stage)
The purpose of the pitch is for you to CONVINCINGLY explain your proposed idea. Would we, as record company executives think this is a suitable idea for your genre/group? Are we convinced of your vision? Would we give you the GREEN LIGHT?
I suggest that you use PowerPoint - but not as a script - just to show us relevant images.
Good luck! We are looking forward to hearing your pitches - so far your ideas seem very creative.
As a group:
- Institutional research
- track response
- reflections on audience research, postmodernism
- Your chosen track
- Brighton field trip clips and detailed evaluation
- clear record of ideas development, including costume, props, performers
- A variety of visual ideas and stimulus (videos, interesting shots, films, TV, adverts - anything goes...)
- Clear group discussion through commenting on posts
- Location reccie planning
- Location reccie evaluation
- Audience research planning and evaluation of method
- audience research results and evaluation
As an individual student you should EACH contribute:
- moodboard response to track with written evaluation
- collage of album covers / advertisements from your genre
- Reflection on auteur videos viewed
- 2 x video analysis
- 1 x technical video analysis
- 1 x digipak analysis
- 1 x advert analysis
Once the pitch is complete and your proposal has been agreed, you should then work on and add the following to your blog (per group).
- evaluation of pitch - feedback and ideas
- animatic of storyboard
As soon as this is completed (latest upon return from half term) you can begin to shoot.
After half term, we will focus in class on print texts and you will add:
- Ideas development for brand image through print
- Draft layout of digipak artwork
- Draft layout of magazine advertisement
Your blog then becomes a production log and all shoots / editing / DTP progress should be evaluated.
Monday, 21 September 2009
Blog post 1 – Brighton reccie evaluation
To include photographs and edited clips of shots taken with an evaluation of what you have learnt
Blog post 2 – Technical analysis of music video
Shot list breakdown. This can be done on paper and then the EVALUATION of findings posted on blog
Blog post 3 – proposed reccies
Decide on potential locations and when you will do a reccie. This will help you start to move the project forward.
Tuesday, 15 September 2009
1. Track response
2. Institutional context
3. Reflection on auteur videos
4. Audience consumption & postmodernism questions
5. Music video analysis x1
6. Album cover/advert analysis x1
7. Details of chosen track / band / artist
8. Individual moodboard response to chosen track
Any questions / problems you must come and see us before the deadline. Remember - your analysis should be packed with key terminology and critical ideas in order to acheive a level 4. A level 4 blog will also be a record of discussions, ideas, videos, inspiration and would therefore contain posts beyond the above. You should be using the comment function collaboratively too...
Tuesday, 8 September 2009
Not all of you have remembered to include your name in the title of your posting. If you have not, please edit your title asap. This is for the moderator and they don't know or understand your nicknames or pet names so please make it clear who you are!