Sunday, 12 December 2010
For external visitors, we have 8 groups this year and they would welcome your feedback. Each group has posted their work with some questions - please give them your feedback using the comment function on the post itself.
Monday, 6 December 2010
- focused secondary research, informed by critical theorists
- Relevant audience research - testing concept, animatic, rough cuts, final piece
- Collaborative use of blog and care and attention to detail in presenting blog
- Excellent use of ICT (blog, prezi, youtube, premiere - animatic, stills, scanning, survey monkey, image manipulation)
- Pitch and reflection
- Storyboarding, drafts, mock-ups, location reccies - on blog
- Managing time, logistics - timeline scanned in, examples of call sheets, production log entries stating clearly your contribution to shoots
- Record of progress of print design - technical log of decisions made / use of original images
- Feedback from J Fiveash that you were efficient in managing equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, organised approach to work
DOES YOUR BLOG CONTRIBUTION DEMONSTRATE THE ABOVE?
Wednesday, 1 December 2010
As the school is closed and you can't continue on video editing we will be extending the deadline by 1 day to Monday 6th December. However, unfortunately this means you have less time to complete the evaluation tasks. Therefore you need to make a start on drafting your responses (in Word for now). Work for both groups as SNOW work AND HOMEWORK is as follows:
1. work on completing print work if you have Photoshop at home
2. Update blog, improve posts on production3.
Draft ideas for the evaluation questions Evaluation (use resources on VLE in evaluation folder to help make a start - we will go htrough this in more detail next week)
In the evaluation the following questions must be answered:
In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
What have you learned from your audience feedback?
How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
I can't stress enough how important it is that you make a start with the evaluation - it is worth as much as the planning grade and you do need to start thinking about how you might respond, particularly using ICT and critical theory.
Hopefully we will see you tomorrow
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
In order to meet the deadline on 3rd December, you should aim to do the following:
1. finish print work by Friday
2. Test to target audience - post feedback on blog
3. Fill timeline with rough cut by Monday - watch on big screen and make detailed notes on edit changes
4. Record audience feedback on rough cut on blog
5. You will then have 4 days to re-edit and finalise video
Don't forget to post daily production log entries on your blog with technical detail of what you have done. This is vital evidence for your own contribution.
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
- In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products ?
- How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
- What have you learned from your audience feedback?
- How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
Click here for Pete Fraser - Chief Examiner's blog entry on the eval. You might recognise one of the examples he uses from last year...!
Friday, 5 November 2010
I see all of you on Monday; I'm looking forward to seeing digipak mock-ups, advert analysis (13B) and to talk through your animatics with you.
Thursday, 28 October 2010
Look back on this blog at advice and tasks set. Make sure that ALL your posts are clearly linked to concept development, that there is a dialogue with group members about your ideas, that posts are clearly labelled, laid out, key terms, images. LAST CHANCE.
Wednesday, 20 October 2010
1. Complete video storyboard IN DETAIL - remember this is not about just mapping out what is going to happen as many of you did at AS, but planning visual detail such as framing, camera movement. You will need to finish off animatic in first couple of days back.
2. Last chance to make improvements to research posts by FRIDAY 29th October in half term. Remember, you need to show how your research, informed by critical ideas and A2 level thinking is directly feeding into your concept development. Also tidy up posts, add images etc.
3. Many of you will actually shoot some footage. Top tips:
- shoot everything at least twice, all lipsynched parts particularly
- Shoot the same action from a number of angles
- Make sure you have close-ups
- Be interesting in your camera movement and angle
- Don't be static
- Think about rule of thirds, leading lines
- Pay attention to mise-en-scene, particularly things like road signs, annoying people walking past, litter. It can ruin a shot.
- Shoot everying on your storyboard AND THEN SOME MORE.
- Take stills photographs just in case you want them for Digipak.
4. continue to record concept development on blog. Reflect on any shoots / reccies on blog. We will be checking them during the week.5. Go into a record shop and look at digipaks. Really look at them. Get some layout ideas. Post on it.
6. Buy a music magazine in the same genre as your track. Look at all the advertising in it - think about layout and design of album and single ads. Cut out some examples - ready for researching next term
Sunday, 3 October 2010
Remember, at A2 be reflective, link your research to your concept, even if it only served to discount an idea.
Thursday, 30 September 2010
- Considering your music video analysis, how could you apply Dyer's theory on Stars. Write an extra paragraph, using examples from the video you chose to explain the theory.
- Research: What is a digi-pak and what are the conventions of this form? Write a paragraph on your blog, use pictures to illustrate.
- Deconstruct a digipak and advert of the same genre as you are choosing for your own products. Ideally the two promotional items should be for the same track so that you can appreciate the brand that is being created and comment on consistency of representations.
Wednesday, 29 September 2010
Friday, 24 September 2010
- Consider what decisions still need to be made with regard to planning - write a to-do list. Include a date for your next reccie
- Evaluate the Brighton reccie. How will you be using the skills and experience of this shoot to inform the next stage of production?
- Post the lyrics of your song. Annotate exactly what you envisage happening during each line. Include notes for instrumental parts.
- Complete your second mini technical analysis, try the Bug website for ideas. Again your shot by shot list should be 30 seconds to a minute depending on cutting rate.
- Your group pitches will be in week commencing 11 October. All planning will be completed by then. Check the list in your booklet to see what you have still to do.
Monday, 20 September 2010
Post your research on the blog with an explanation of what Bug is.
Tuesday, 14 September 2010
13B - this week you need to complete the following on the blog;
1. video analysis (make sure to include Dyer)
2. Individual response to track on blog
3. Comment on each other's posts
4. Continue to record concept development on blog