Sunday, 12 December 2010
For external visitors, we have 8 groups this year and they would welcome your feedback. Each group has posted their work with some questions - please give them your feedback using the comment function on the post itself.
Monday, 6 December 2010
- focused secondary research, informed by critical theorists
- Relevant audience research - testing concept, animatic, rough cuts, final piece
- Collaborative use of blog and care and attention to detail in presenting blog
- Excellent use of ICT (blog, prezi, youtube, premiere - animatic, stills, scanning, survey monkey, image manipulation)
- Pitch and reflection
- Storyboarding, drafts, mock-ups, location reccies - on blog
- Managing time, logistics - timeline scanned in, examples of call sheets, production log entries stating clearly your contribution to shoots
- Record of progress of print design - technical log of decisions made / use of original images
- Feedback from J Fiveash that you were efficient in managing equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, organised approach to work
DOES YOUR BLOG CONTRIBUTION DEMONSTRATE THE ABOVE?
Wednesday, 1 December 2010
As the school is closed and you can't continue on video editing we will be extending the deadline by 1 day to Monday 6th December. However, unfortunately this means you have less time to complete the evaluation tasks. Therefore you need to make a start on drafting your responses (in Word for now). Work for both groups as SNOW work AND HOMEWORK is as follows:
1. work on completing print work if you have Photoshop at home
2. Update blog, improve posts on production3.
Draft ideas for the evaluation questions Evaluation (use resources on VLE in evaluation folder to help make a start - we will go htrough this in more detail next week)
In the evaluation the following questions must be answered:
In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
What have you learned from your audience feedback?
How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
I can't stress enough how important it is that you make a start with the evaluation - it is worth as much as the planning grade and you do need to start thinking about how you might respond, particularly using ICT and critical theory.
Hopefully we will see you tomorrow