- How does a music video provide a platform for an artist to reinvent himself/herself to a target audience?
- In what way can the CD cover design contribute to this process?
Justin Bieber is currently in the middle of a 'come-back' campaign. Look at how the promotional material (subsidiary media texts) is crucial in re-positioning his star image and post a group analysis on the blog. As a group:
Watch the two videos and analyse two CD covers. Consider each element separately - using the questions in the booklet to frame your analysis. Then, analyse the collective promo package and it contributes to the artist's meta-narrative. Use narrative frameworks, Dyer, semiotics as tools to help you.
You will be assessed on the following:
- Ability to work as a group to organise and complete the task
- Perceptive analysis of how print and moving image constructs meaning
- Use of critical theory
- Use of ICT in presenting the task on the blog
Deadline: this work should be up on a group blog, along with your individual contributions (holiday work, Term 6 work) by 8pm Tuesday. You have lesson and HW time to do so. If you work effectively as a group, this is more than manageable.